General Eligibility Requirements
In order to qualify for Lottery Tuition Assistance, a student must meet ALL of the following minimum requirements before being awarded:
· File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form and complete the process to determine eligibility for federal student aid each academic year;
· Be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident that meets the definition of an eligible non-citizen under State residency statutes;
· Be a legal resident of South Carolina as defined in applicable State statutes governing the determination of residency for tuition and fee purposes;
· Be enrolled at the time of the grant disbursement as a degree-seeking student in a minimum of six credit hours for the term and be making satisfactory academic progress;
· Verify that he or she does not owe a refund or repayment on a State Grant, Pell Grant or a Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant and is not in default on a loan under the Federal Perkins Loan or Federal Stafford Loan program; and
· Not be a recipient of the HOPE, LIFE or Palmetto Fellows Scholarships.